a parsonage was built and then services were held there until
the chucrh building was built in 1913 on the South East corner
of Section 23 -24 -17. The cornerstone being laid by Mr. W.P.
Schwartz and construction supervisor being the late Mr. Philip
Hassman. At the time the church building was erected, about
13 families formed the congregation. The first Church board
consisted of Mr. John Hassman, W.P. Schwartz and Mr. Philip
Hart. The church building was enlarged in 1949. In 1957 the
parsonage was sold for $250. In 1959 the congregation numbered
157 souls with 93 communicants.
building was moved into Cupar on December 14, 1962. The property
and lot were bought from Trinity Lutheran Church. the church
board responsible for this move were: Secretary Henry A. Ermel,
Treasurer Philip Hart, Chairman Philip Steward, Elder E. Lipinski,
Elder E. Gebhardt. The first service was held in town on December
16, 1962, and the church was dedicated early in 1963.
the members of St. Paul's are descendents of the original
members who first formed the congregation.
May 1971 ground was broken for a new church building. The
old church building was removed and sold. On reformation Sunday
1971 the cornerstone was laid for a new church building. Two
more years of construction continued as funds became available
to complete the church building. On June 17, 1973 the new
church building was dedicated. The congregation celebrated
its 90th anniversary on June 13, 1999.