of the Town of Cupar,
in the Province of Saskatchewan, enacts as follows:
- This Bylaw may be cited as the Cemetery Bylaw.
The term "municipality" in this Bylaw shall mean the Town of Cupar.
- That part, 4.3 Acres of the Legal Land Description within SE
Quarter of Section 16, Township 23, Range 16,
West of the 2nd
Meridian in the Province of Saskatchewan, acquired by the Municipality for
as approved by the Registrar under The Cemetery Act
shall be and is hereby appropriated as a public cemetery
to the called the
- Subject to the provisions of this Bylaw, no burial shall be allowed
unless an application is made to the
Administrator of the Municipality and
a license is granted.
- The License shall be in Form A, Appendix "A", attached to and
forming part of this bylaw.
- It shall be lawful for the Licensee of a lot or his agent to place
markers thereon in accordance with the provisions of this Bylaw.
- The Licensee of a lot shall obtain a permit from the municipality
prior to placing a marker thereon.
The permit shall be in Form B, Appendix "A", attached and forming
part of the Bylaw.
fee shall be Twenty-Five dollars ($25.00).
- The Council shall restrict the size of the tombstones to that of
low 14 inch /35 centimeters in height pillow style or
smaller except in
the case of a partner's match and hereby disallows grave covers or
- The Memorial Salespersons who sells markers or monuments for
placement in the Cupar Cemetery shall be a holder of
a valid Sales License
from the Town of Cupar and the Province of Saskatchewan.
- The Monument Company shall be responsible for cleaning and
refurbishing the area around the marker to the
satisfaction of the Town
Maintenance personal. The
Town shall not be responsible for
any maintenance and/or damage/breakage
to the monument/foundation after installation.
- The Council may direct the removal of any markers, trees, shrubs or
flowers placed contrary to this Bylaw.
The costs for which may be redeemed from the
- The interment of destitute persons shall be in such portions of the
grounds as may be designated from time to time by the Council.
- The Administrator shall keep accurate records stating the name,
location and the date of burial of the deceased person.
- At least two days notice shall be given by the Licensee requesting
the Municipality to open and close a grave.
- The price of a lot within the Cupar Cemetery shall be $200.00.
- The purchaser shall be given a receipt with the legal block and lot
- The charge for the opening and closing of a grave shall be:
- Any person found guilty of an infraction of any of the provisions
of this Bylaw shall be liable to the
penalties imposed in the Bylaw 9-2009
- General Penalty, of the Town of Cupar.
No. 07-2009 of the Town of Cupar is hereby repealed.
a true copy of
01-2010 adopted by
FORM "A" TOWN OF CUPAR APPENDIX
Permission is hereby granted to _________________________________
To use Lot __________ Block____________ for the purpose of
burial in the
Name of Deceased: ___________________________
Date of Burial:
This license is granted subject to the provisions of Bylaw
No. 1-2007 governing the said cemetery.
________day of _____________________, 20_____________
FORM "B" TOWN OF CUPAR APPENDIX
PERMIT TO ERECT A
In consideration of the sum of Twenty five dollars, ($
25.00) permission is granted to
__________________________________ to erect a monument on
Lot _________ Block _________ in the Cupar Cemetery.
This permit is granted subject to the provisions of Bylaw
No. 1-2007 governing the said
Dated this _____________ day of ___________________, 20__________________